Hello parents and guardians!
Welcome to our classroom school page! This is a new year filled with new learning, social and academic growth and lots of fun times! On this page you will be able to find and access copies of our daily schedule, classroom handouts, dates and schedules of special events, the student and parent handbook as well as other rock star updates. Please make sure you are also linked to our classroom Dojo, that way you can access your own child's daily and weekly behavior points and check out any pictures we may post from school or classroom activities!
Thanks for stopping by!
Weekly Updates for Jan. 16th – Jan. 20th:
- Math Focus: Measurement with Non-standard Units
Comparing and Measuring objects with nonstandard units (such as blocks, paper clips, crayons, etc)
- Reading Focus: Fables – understanding morals and lessons from our stories. Answering questions and finding evidence in our text.
- Writing Focus: Writing a 5 sentence story with a topic sentence. Writing about our dreams, relating to MLK Jr.
- Spelling words -- focus: “ou” -- shout, couch, hour, out, loud, proud, sound, right, once, word
- No school on Monday, January 16th in observance of the MLK Jr. Holiday.
- Monday, January 23rd is the 100th day of school. There is a sign-up outside of our classroom for donations for the day and we will be dressing up like we are 100 years old!
- Thursday, January 26th, there is NO FRIENDLY FACES! Students MUST be picked up at 2:30 in the cafeteria! This is because of our Open House Event that will be happening that afternoon/evening.
- Thursday, January 26th is our Open House Event from 5:30-6:30. If you know of any families looking or interested in our school, please BRING them or REFER them to our Open House Event! Every family you bring with you, or refer to our school enters you in our raffle for some awesome prizes! We have flyers to advertise the event, if you want some to hand out, please let me know or see Mrs. Lyons in the front office to get some.